Shilpa Mehra, M.D., F.A.C.G.
Dr. Shilpa Mehra is a gastroenterologist at Gastroenterology Associates of New Jersey (GANJ). She is double board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine and the American Board of Gastroenterology.
Prior to her position at GANJ, Dr. Mehra was the Director of Endoscopy at Weiler Hospital, Montefiore Medical Center. She also served as the Site Director of Gastroenterology at Weiler Hospital, and Director of Quality Improvement for the Division of Gastroenterology. She was an Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine at Albert Einstein College of Medicine (AECOM).
She completed a fellowship in Gastroenterology and Hepatology at the Montefiore Medical Center (AECOM) in Bronx, NY and residency in Internal Medicine at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (Harvard Medical School) in Boston, MA. Dr. Mehra received her MD from SUNY Stony Brook School of Medicine, where she was inducted to the Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA), and Bachelor of Arts in Economics and Behavioral Biology with magna cum laude honors from the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, PA.
She is a member of the American College of Gastroenterology, the American Society for GI Endoscopy and the New York Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.
Dr. Mehra has expertise in:
- Diagnostic and therapeutic upper and lower endoscopy
- Screening Colonoscopy
- Anorectal disorders
- Esophageal dilation for esophageal strictures
- Eosinophilic esophagitis
- Celiac disease
- Endoscopic band ligation for hemorrhoids and varices
- Fecal transplantation for Clostridium difficile
- Ischemic bowel disease
- Management of chronic liver disease and cirrhosis
- Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (PEG) placement and management
- Surveillance and ablation of Barrett’s esophagus
- Botox injections for achalasia and anal fissures
Meet Dr. Mehra
Make An Appointment
Appointments can be made either online or by phone.
To make an appointment online, please fill out the form below.